Bobby Owsinski's The Recording Engineer's Handbook has become a music industry standard, and this fully updated fourth edition once again offers the most comprehensive and up-to-date introduction to the art of audio recording.
Written with special emphasis on today's technology and the evolving marketplace, The Recording Engineer's Handbook Fourth Edition includes a complete overview of recording as it's done by most musicians and producers today in their home studios.
In the book's first section, you'll learn everything from how microphones work to specific techniques for recording drums, individual instruments, vocals and much more. In the second section you'll benefit from the wisdom and down-to-earth practical advice offered by a host recording professionals including all-time greats like Al Schmitt, Eddie Kramer, Frank Filipetti and many other others.
Topics covered include:
• An overview of recording elements, including microphones, preamps, compressors and DAWs
• Recording techniques and placement guidance for just about any musical instrument or vocal
• Prepping and recording drums and percussion
• Basic tracking and overdub advice and strategies, and stereo and immersive audio recording techniques
• Interviews with some of the world's best hit-making engineers, and much more
Learn the art of recording with renowned author, teacher, producer and engineer Bobby Owsinski, and, in the interviews, explore the creative processes behind not only today's hits but the classic cuts we've enjoyed for years. See for yourself why The Recording Engineer’s Handbook, Fourth Edition is the book that's a standard text in college courses all over the world.