Making sensible decisions during a time of grief is never easy. Losing a husband, wife, father, mother, child or another near and dear person forces you to make a multitude of decisions, some large and life-changing, some small but emotionally charged. And if substantial amounts of money or conflicting wishes of friends and relatives are involved, making arrangements can become overwhelming.
More Than Sympathy is designed to help you through these difficult circumstances. It covers:
- Preliminary formalities, such as securing the residence and valuables immediately following the loved one’s death
- Selecting the funeral home - Planning the funeral or memorial service, including suggestions for eulogies
- Grief counseling and therapy - Probating the Will or administering an intestate estate
- Survivor benefits, pensions, and other financial and tax consequences
- Estate planning to avoid probate and other estate issues through gifts, trusts, and other instruments
- And more
Drawing from the counsel of funeral directors, clergy, attorneys, estate planners, and psychologists and with references to websites and other sources of further information, More Than Sympathy provides straightforward and reassuring advice that is both practical and comforting at this difficult time.