In an attempt to establish formatting and stylistic rules for professional writing, and to increase the ease of reading and essay or research paper, The American Psychological Association (APA) has released six versions of the APA Manual since 1929. Because many students struggle to remember all the details of the APA style and how to cite APA references, I have written and easy to follow, step-by-step, example based guide to building a Title Page, an Abstract, the Body of your paper, and a Reference page by answering the major questions of writing an APA style paper:
- What is APA formatting?
- How to organize an essay or research paper.
- How to outline information you’ve already gathered.
- How to write an essay or research paper from an outline.
- Steps for writing an essay with greater clarity and precision.
- Building citations within your paper and on your Reference page.
Also included in this guide:
- A step-by-step illustrated guide to format an APA document in both Microsoft Word 2010 and Apple's Pages '09.
- Numerous APA examples and high resolution screen shots to help students correctly format documents within 15 minutes.
- Access to website support at www.apamadeeasy.com where you can download APA templates and writing guides.
- Two "Quick Reference" pages that cover Referencing and Citations, and major APA rules that many students forget.
- Tips for adding clarity to any writing style including:How to write your paper with greater “flow” of thought and a Quick Reference guide for writing coherence.
- Specific examples that cover how to cite new media such as blog posts, emails, websites, online lectures, computer programs, and much more.
- A new section on using and citing DOI's (Digital Object Identifiers) for new media.
- Clickable Table of Contents for ease of use.
- 10% of the net profits of this book will be donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Questions about APA Made Easy? E-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org